In some smart card applications such as banking, ROM is required for COS storage. The security requirement for banking application is much higher then before. The usage of public key encryption such as dynamic data authentication (DDA) is more popular. While increasing the security level, card holders are expecting a more convenient and fast payment method, dual interface cards can meet their need.
RFC-series consists both contact (ISO 7816) and contactless (ISO 14443) interface in a single chip. It supports both type A and type B RF protocols and provides more flexibility in the build-up infrastracture. RFC-series is targeting for high end smart card applications such as banking, identification, e-commerce, publick transport and digital signature. The built-in crypto co-processor can speed up cryptographic calculation with up to 2048 bits modulo exponentiation (AB mod N) and other similar calculations such as Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC). It supports up to 2048-bit RSA and 512-bit GF(p) ECC calculation.
The card operating system (COS) can be stored inside ROM area while data can be stored in EEPROM. The built-in memory management unit (MMU) with firewall feature can provide data of multiple applications inside the chip without compromise of security.
Key features of RFC-series are highlighted below:
- Convenient – support both contact and contactless interface
- Reliable – COS is stored inside ROM
- Secure – built-in 2048-bit RSA and triple DES crypto co-processor
- Memory Management Unit with firewall – support supervisor mode and user mode for multiple application environment
- Security features to minimize the risks of unauthorized access to data inside the card
|CPU core||8052 high speed CPU|
|Crypto||3DES, 2048-bit RSA|
|RF Interface||ISO 14443 Type A and Type B|
|Contact Interface||ISO 7816|
|Special features||* 30MHz bus speed|
* Built-in 13239 CRC hardware
* SCI data rate > 1Mbps
* Built-in MMU with firewall
* True RNG
* Unique chip ID
* Operating voltage 3V to 5V +/- 10%
* Security protection features